Healing Drumbeats, Crafting & Ceremony
--- an 8-Session, in person, creative workshop ---
EXPLORE: The Eagle Beat, Horse Beat, Coyote Beat, Heartbeat, Bear Beat, Tree Beat, Buffalo Beat, the Void, plus 3 extra-credit polyrhythms! A TOOL FOR HEALING yourself & others.
PRACTICE these 8 Healing Drumbeats on your frame drum to: • get yourself (or your clients) unstuck from problem situations • balance your (or your client’s) energy system • keep yourself in tune with the cycles of Nature BSORB wisdom from nature poetry and from being outside in nature.
CREATE!!! You will craft a different instrument for each season:
• make a bell stick for Spring (East) and the element of AIR
• decorate your drum for Summer (South) and the element of FIRE
• fashion a rawhide rattle for the Fall (West) and the element of WATER
• assemble a sticks-and-bones rattle for Winter (North) and the element of EARTH
LEARN to ask your Helping Spirits for their assistance to:
• declare and keep true your vision for your life (AIR/Visionary)
• unburden yourself of old patterns (FIRE/Healer)
• cleanse yourself for renewal (WATER/Warrior)
• plant seeds for the future (EARTH/Teacher)
WORK outside with the Natural Cycles of Life: The Seasons, the Elements, the Directions – to bring intention, direction, and joy to “your one wild and precious life.” (Mary Oliver)
Dates: Mar 19, Apr 16, May 14, June 11, Sept 17, Oct 1, Nov 5, Dec 3, 10:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Cost: $2,000 (incl. crafting supplies + 2 private Sound sessions)